If you are interested in participating, make sure to read all of the information below carefully. If you have questions, just reach out. Complete the form below to express interest.
- Interest form opens: March 20, 2022
- Interest form due: August 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Retreat: August 19 at 6:00 p.m. to August 20 at 3:00 p.m.
- Rehearsal #1: Saturday, September 24, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Rehearsal #2: Saturday, October 22, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The retreat and rehearsals are designed for the House Band to work on music for Pilgrimage but also allow some time for team building, discussion and getting to know one another before the Pilgrimage weekend. As these dates serve as our main opportunities to work together and prepare for Pilgrimage, attendance is required for all the above-listed events. Please keep this in mind as you think and pray about auditioning to be in the House Band.
- To be eligible, youth should be in the 10th-12th grade at the time of the Pilgrimage weekend.
- Youth should have some type of musical experience for at least one year or one performance season. While we are open to a diverse range of instruments and musical expression, here are some key musical elements we are looking for: vocals, electric guitar, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, drums, percussion, and keyboards.
- Please fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible, particularly where it asks for contact information. Make sure that any email address or phone number you give is one that will be checked regularly.
- Youth must be prepared to audition in person. Because we audition youth in an ensemble format, we are not able to accept pre-recorded auditions to be evaluated individually.
- You do not need to prepare a performance piece for this audition. We will provide the list of songs we will use for the audition, and we will audition you in various combinations of instruments and vocals.
- Instrumentalists will be expected to bring their instruments to the audition unless other arrangements have been made with the audition location.
- House Band selections will be made and announced before youth leave the audition that day, so we ask that you make plans to be with us for the duration of the event.
If you have questions, just reach out.