The Pilgrimage House Band serves as the musical leadership for the four worship sessions during Pilgrimage. The members of the House Band are selected through an application and audition process in early August and will gather for a retreat and rehearsals before the Pilgrimage weekend. If you are interested in applying, make sure to read ALL of the information below carefully. If you have questions, please contact Jay Locklear.
- Application opens: March 9, 2020
- Application due: July 27, 2020
- Auditions: Saturday, August 1, 2020, at 10:00 a.m.
- Retreat: August 21-22, 2020
- Friday at 6:30 p.m. to Saturday to 3:00 p.m.
- Rehearsal #1: Saturday, September 12, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Rehearsal #2: Saturday, October 17, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Note: Rehearsal #1 was originally scheduled for September 26, 2020. Due to effects caused by COVID-19, it was rescheduled to Saturday, September 12, 2020.
The retreat and rehearsals are designed for us to work on music for Pilgrimage but also allow some time for team building, discussion and getting to know one another before Pilgrimage weekend. As these dates serve as our main opportunities to work together and prepare for Pilgrimage, attendance will be required for all the above-listed events. Please keep this in mind as you think and pray about auditioning to be in the House Band.
- To be eligible, youth should be in the 10th-12th grade by the time Pilgrimage arrives.
- Youth should have some type of musical experience for at least one year or one performance season. While we are open to a diverse range of instruments and musical expression, here are some key musical elements we are looking for: vocals, electric guitar, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, drums, percussion, and keyboards.
- Applications must be submitted no later than July 27, 2020, to be considered.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email following the submission of your application, please reach out to Jay as soon as possible. Please do not wait until the night before the audition to reach out and ask if your application was received. If you did not receive a confirmation, it might mean that there was an error with your submission.
- Please fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible, particularly where it asks for contact information. Make sure that any e-mail address or phone number you give is one that will be checked regularly.
- Submit the 2020 House Band Application.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday, August 1, 2020, at 10:00 am at Garris Chapel United Methodist Church. Auditions will begin at 10:00 am and end between 2:00 and 2:30 pm.
- Youth must be prepared to audition in person. Because we audition youth in an ensemble format, we are not able to accept pre-recorded auditions to be evaluated individually.
- You do not need to prepare a performance piece for this audition. We will provide the list of songs we will use for the audition, and we will audition you in various combinations of instruments and vocals.
- Instrumentalists will be expected to bring their instruments to the audition unless other arrangements have been made with the audition location.
- House Band selections will be made and announced before youth leave the audition that day, so we ask that you make plans to be with us for the duration of the event.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact:
- Jay Locklear: firstname.lastname@example.org